Learning Systems at VCU
Meet the Team
We are a team of skilled individuals who facilitate delivery and support of teaching and learning technologies. Learning Systems is organizationally positioned in Academic Technologies, an integral part of Technology Services.
- Katie Shedden - Senior Manager
- Jamillah Martin - Support Team Manager
- Joe Lichtenstein - Technical Lead
- Andrew Craig - LMS Administrator
- Chris McDonald - Learning Support Specialist
- Jon Reed - Learning Support Specialist
Our Mission and Vision
The Learning Systems team provides holistic technology support and training to all members of the VCU community for centrally supported Learning Management System (LMS) tools intended to enhance critical thinking, information gathering and analytical decision making. We support the VCU community’s use of academic tools in order to enrich teaching, learning and encourage academic success and innovation, with a focus on the diverse needs of individuals and departments. We aim to engage with the VCU community in a supportive and equitable manner, while providing timely, accurate and transparent responses to requests with the best interest of the educational learning process in mind.
How We Support You
- Timely communication of information to faculty, staff and students
- Email, phone, or virtual (i.e. Zoom) support
- Develop and maintain documentation of online and printed resources for faculty, staff and students.
- Respond and resolve help requests from faculty, staff and students.
- Utilize all resources - maintain dynamic working relationships with vendors and their support technicians.
- Outreach - participate in campus events to promote our services and answer questions.
- Integrate and maintain Canvas 3rd Party Tools