Möbius (Pilot Phase)
*Pilot is scheduled to last throughout the 2023/2024 academic year and is only available via the Canvas integration.
Description: Möbius, a DigitalEd product, is a cloud-based learning platform designed to create and deploy STEM course materials for all modalities. Providing lessons, assessments and interactive learning activities, it unfolds the potential for the STEM student to acquire knowledge at a guided yet self-defined pace. Möbius enables the following functionality:
- Robust question type creation for various STEM areas.
- A robust pre-created content pack catalog for various STEM areas.
- Just-in-time feedback for self-paced learning with dynamic question types that provide students the opportunity to practice.
- Flexibility in question development for faculty, with both no-code and coding options, which provide flexibility for transfer of content from various systems and creation of novel content in flexible ways.
- Accessibility and security compliance with industry standards.
- Integration with Canvas to facilitate enrollments, a consistent student experience, and automation of grading.
- Indiana Tech Improves Engagement and Outcomes in Math Courses
- Southern New Hampshire University Math Instructors Engage Students Online
Platform: Windows, Mac, Ubuntu
Cost: No Charge
Participate in one of our scheduled demos for an opportunity to determine if this software will work for your course(s) and ask questions with a subject matter expert before getting started.
Möbius Overview Recordings:
- July 12, 2023 (10am - 11am) - Recording
- July 27, 2023 (noon -1pm) - Recording
- Sept. 21, 2023 (11am-noon) - Recording
Möbius Authoring - Take a Deeper Dive:
This demonstration is about showing how powerful and easy content authoring in Möbius really is.
- Have precise control over how your lessons and questions are delivered by configuring over 30 Möbius properties using a simplified, code-free interface.
- Save time while designing your Möbius lessons and questions by taking advantage of Policy Sets to consistently apply a defined subset of properties in bulk without needing to manually adjust individual lessons and questions
*All sessions are EST
Möbius Continuous Learning consists of two types of training: Asynchronous Mööc and Virtual In-Class Training
*no additional fees apply
View the Onboarding Instructor Itinerary.
1. Create an account in the Möbius MÖÖC.
Once your account is created and you are logged in, you'll need to...
2. Accept the terms and conditions.
3. Click the Enroll in a Class button.
4. Check the box beside Möbius Onboarding MÖÖC and scroll to the bottom to click Enroll.
5. Click Confirm.
IMPORTANT: Only one unique link can be created through the Modules section in your Canvas course. For grades to be pushed back to Canvas, you must create multiple links through the Assignments section as shown below.
- Get an Account in Möbius (Faculty Only)
Note: Student accounts are automatically created when they access a Möbius activity within their course.
- Mapping an Activity from the Möbius Portal to your Canvas Course
Note: This includes syncing grades.
- Create an Assignment in the Möbius Portal
a. Assignment Editor's Choose Name tab
b. Assignment Editor's Select Questions tab
Optional: Import a Content Pack
While DigitalEd will handle all technical support needs, questions regarding support for Canvas and any VCU-specific items throughout the duration of the pilot can be directed to the Learning Systems team at LSrequest@vcu.edu.
- Möbius Support Portal
- Instructor & Creator Support
- Student Support
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 1-833-450-2211 (Monday to Friday, 3 AM to 5 PM ET (8:00 to 22:00 UTC)