Guidelines & Procedures
Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
Below are important guidelines and procedures that are defined by the University, Technology Services and/or Learning Systems. Please familiarize yourself with these to help ensure the integrity of VCU systems and data.
- Affiliate (Non-VCU) Users
- Express Hire Guide: Adjunct & Full-Time Faculty Hires
- Update My Name in VCU Systems
- See the following page for more information about this process: What Changes?
System-Specific Guidance (i.e. Canvas, Kaltura, etc.)
- Canvas 3rd Party Tool/App Requests
- View the list of tools already available at VCU: Canvas+ Tools Integrated within the LMS
- Canvas Catalog Requests
- Incomplete Grade Assignment Form - Instructors must fill out this form when a student has been unable to complete a course within a single semester. Once this form has been completed you can begin to prepare your Canvas course for incompletes so the student(s) to retain access beyond the semester.
- Records Management Policy & Canvas Usage at VCU
- User Statuses in Canvas
Other Academic Policy-Related Guidance
Other IT-Related Guidance
- IT Policies, Standards, Baselines and Guidelines (must be authenticated with your VCU eID to view)
- Purchasing Instructional Technology Solutions