Workshops by Request
Students and Non-Consultation Requests
Please contact the IT Support Center:
The Teaching and Learning with Technology Blog (TLtech) is an informal site with tips, tricks, and up-to-date information on subjects happening in the world of education specifically geared toward Higher Ed and teaching with technology. This blog is maintained and monitored by Learning Systems staff at VCU.
The blog is intended to be a discussion on teaching and learning with technology so we invite you to follow us and join in on the dialog. We welcome your comments and would love to have suggestions on topics of interest.
Learning Systems Events
1. Updates have been made to the Student and Faculty guides.
2. Kaltura Homepage Updates - The Kaltura MediaSpace homepage (https://vcu.mediaspace.kaltura.com) was updated on October 1, 2017. The update included a new color scheme and an updated, responsive webpage. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kaltura Support at email@example.com.
Who We Are
A team of six skilled individuals - Technical System Administrators and Experienced Learning Support Specialists.
- The perfect blend of skills to facilitate delivery and support of teaching and learning technologies
- Alignment of resources to support innovative uses of technology in education
- Organizationally positioned in Academic Technologies, an integral part of Technology Services
What We Do
- Aligning resources and skills, Learning Systems supports the innovative uses of technology in education by maintaining and supporting specific technologies identified by the University for teaching and learning.
- Maintain and ensure consistent functionality and data integrity for all LS systems.
- Provide technical expertise.
- Deliver specialized end-user support.
How We Enhance It
Learning Systems collaborates with departments throughout the University to explore new technologies that provide faculty with the necessary tools and resources to create technology-enhanced courses that will engage their students. Learning Systems maintains and supports a variety of tools, applications and integrated components to enhance the primary systems we provide.
- Coordinate pilot programs, implementation and maintenance of add-on components and applications.
- Explore new technologies.
- Upgrade systems and their components to ensure compatible versions are in place.
- Collaborate with other VCU departments and schools, and other Universities.
- Implement and maintain integration with other campus systems.
How We Support It
- Timely communication of information to faculty, staff and students
- Face-to-face, phone, or online faculty consultations.
- Develop and maintain documentation of online and printed resources for faculty, staff and students.
- Respond and resolve help requests from faculty, staff and students.
- Offer face-to-face and online workshops for faculty.
- Perform routine system maintenance and monitoring.
- Plan, communicate and implement system upgrades and fixes.
- Utilize all resources--maintain dynamic working relationships with vendors and their support technicians.
- Outreach - participate in campus events to promote our services and answer questions.
For more information about our services, click here.
Learning System's Guidelines and Procedures
- Blackboard System Usage Policy
- Blackboard User Removal/Cleanup Procedure
- New Building Block Request Procedure
- Blackboard Content System Content Procedure
- Adding an Instructor to Another Instructor's Bb Procedure
- Blackboard Course Deletion Procedure
- Blackboard Course Retention and Removal Procedure
- Blackboard Organizations for Students Procedure
- Blackboard Special Request Procedure
- Blackboard Organization Deletion Procedure
- Blackboard Course Restore Procedure
- Faculty Rights Procedure
- Procedure for Implementing Blackboard Content Campus-wide
- Faculty Course Restore Request Procedure
- Organization Cleanup and Retention
- Copyright Compliance Policy
- New Instructional Software or Tool Request Procedure
- Assessment Issues Procedure and Responsibilities